HFMD, fever and brain damage??!!

Addean was having a high fever last month, so I took a day off and brought him to the clinic. Doc didn't find anything unusual except normal fever, so he's just been given with liquid paracetamol and a piece of advice to monitor his temperature. Then, Hubby took 2 days off to care of Addean while I went to the office. On Saturday, Addean had a very high fever again, so we took him to the hospital. His temperature running between 39-40.4. That's definitely very high. At hospital, they did blood test to know either he's infected with any unusual disease. No..normal..except for his high temperature. So again, monitor him and make sure he didn't miss his meals. If anything unusual such as blood running out form his nose, sudden rashes appear, quickly bring him back to hospital. The doc keep reminding me. ok..ok..I got that.

Then I faced with this: HFMD

All this times, I just heard of HFMD, Hand Foot Mouth Disease.... it's normally attack babies, toddlers, kids....  some cases caused death... some case, the kids were cured.and my son was infected with this disease last week.

I got home tired on Friday, then he showed me his mouth...

"Ibu, tengok mulut abang ni, sakit la"...there were white dot on his gum, I though it's ulcer so I applied bonjela cream on him. 2 days later, he showed me his hands and feet. There're red rashes on his hands and feet..I started to panic....I brought him to clinic...confirmed HFMD. Ok.. cool..cool.. It's HFMD but not too serious... so I need to be cool, right? Well...I cool enough because at the same time my 1 year toddler still had the high fever, then I also had low blood attack. Yes...I was cool....

I told my hubby about our conditions. I have low blood attack a day before, I almost blackout. The doc said, it's because blood not reach my brain...what the.. -__-. Hubby said could cause brain damage...o..yes, it's totally comforting... Doc gave me a day off so normally, I cared for my kids. For Azeeb, he gave Fucicort cream to be applied on his outer skin and Difflam mouth gel for his mouth ulcer. The next day, the kids still not well, I was also not well, so I went back to the same clinic, different doc this time, she did blood test to measure my sugar level, she asked me either I took my breakfast before, yes I did. My sugar level was same as person who was fasting so technically, I didn't eat enough during breakfast. I DIDN'T EAT ENOUGH???...I ate roti john homemade by my Mak and my size already double up from the previous pregnancy, still doc said, I didn't eat enough...aiyo...

Me, even thought already blessed with 4 kids, this was a first time I faced HFMD. Thus, I whatsapps my friends, seeking their motherhood advice....immediately, they shower me with their super duper concern. Bless them...I've got a lots of advice on how to deal with the situation. Basically, I just need to monitor the rashes, always put on cream, make sure my kids eat and drink to prevent dehydration. Don't give them hot food because of the ulcer. It'd pain them to eat. So this is the time when the kids can enjoy vanilla ice cream without me frowning at them. I asked Hubby to buy yogurt, more ice cream (vanilla or course), fruits, fresh milk and cereals. There, I was properly prepared to care of the kids while also caring myself...Brain damage, no joke ok!!!

2 days later, Nisaa showed me her rashes.... and a day after, I spotted red rashes on Addean...uhuks....complete circle...huhu

Waiting...for check up

brotherly ....

No comments:

Post a Comment